Arnold Schwarzenegger’s ‘Golden Six’ Routine


Excerpt:
When I first started getting into bodybuilding in my teens, my only sources of information were a copy of a bodypart split routine which Arnold Schwarzenegger had used in the mid-70s and the advice of a peer who claimed he could bench press 200kg with one hand.

Unsurprisingly, both of these sources were useless.

My friend couldn’t bench press a salami, let alone 200kg with one hand, and Arnold’s zillion-sets-per-session routine, while no doubt effective for someone juiced to the hilt and with above average genetics, was not the ideal workout for a 15 year old boy who’s diet primarily comprised Dairylea Dunkers and Jaffa Cakes.


Like many, during my first gym sessions I made the mistake of trying to replicate the high volume routines used by the pros, thinking this would transform me into a cigar chomping, uzi lubing, truck lifting badass.

Read more from GYMTALK