Amateur Bodybuilder Of The Week


Excerpt:
Q: HOW DID YOUR BODYBUILDING JOURNEY BEGIN?
I played soccer year-round growing up and was consistent in the gym while following a workout plan specifically for soccer. My family is fitness-oriented, so I was fortunate to have the resources I needed to learn how to train and diet. I began lifting with my dad who has lifted for many years and competed in powerlifting. I owe my progress and success in bodybuilding and fitness to him and the people he and I worked out with.


As a teen, I focused primarily on powerlifting and adding as much size and weight as possible. Focusing on compound movements helped me add weight and size quickly and made me much stronger. I made sure to take protein after my workouts but didn't follow a specific diet. During my freshman year of high school, I started to seriously focus on bodybuilding, ate every 2-3 hours, and followed a bodybuilding training split.

Read more at Bodybuilding.com